Thursday, August 18, 2011

From my Home to Office - D70 Bus service

            It was a painful and erectic experience. All because of my bike puncture. I started blaming my country after this. But it’s the fact that, it’s one of the common practices for thousands of peoples here in Chennai. Uisssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
            Actually I was thinking of servicing my Honda bike from last month. But for god sake I keep postponing it. Today morning around 10 AM, I kick started my bike to start to office. Battery down so self start won’t work. Yes it has a starting problem also. Bike started finally after 7 forcy kicks. When I accelerate only I realized it. Heck, its puncture. I need to stay at least 30 minutes to solve that. No I can’t wait. I was pushed to service my bike.

            I handed over my bike to the Honda service center. Receipt from the service center shows me that, I can’t see my bike for next 48 hours. So what next? Office !! Yeah. I was on my way to the near bus stop. And here the terrible starts,


            I think in last 2 to 3 years, I never travelled in city bus. Also now the time is 10.10 AM, its peak era here in Chennai. I ignored first two buses which were heavily filled. Then third bus, fourth bus. Oh god it’s never ending expectation. I remembered my college period and get into the 5th bus.


            That’s it. This post is over with this. I feel embarrassed on myself.  I’m afraid I can’t express the experience I had. I really feel poor on the woman passengers who travel daily in this crowd. But not only woman’s, men’s also poor sometimes.

We are going to beat China soon, our populations sucks.

P.S: It will be nice if someone arrange me a bike for tomorrow 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting and very well written!

Nicola said...

very well written very intresting to read it must be awful to be on a bus that is that crowded!

Kumar said...

Thanks Anony and Thanks Nicola for your comments. Yes in Chennai this is case in peak times

Ifada Ighodalo said...

Pray you don't have to do this till your bike is ready?Pray you don't have to do this till your bike is ready?

Blue_Diaires said...

Are those people really hanging off the bus like that??? That's really sad not to mention dangerous.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a bad start to your day. Lo siento. (Means: I'm sorry)

EvhieLin said...

OMG. Does the bus always full everyday? Like that? Be patient, you'll ride your bike soon, less than 48 hours. Lol

Kumar said...

Thanks CRIG CONSULT, Blue_Diaires , Mari and EvhieLin for dropping my site. Yes this is the case here in Chennai, India

Your Purpose,Your Choice, Inc. said...

Wow, you really had a time!!! I'm sorry about that. Batter luck next time. At least you had another form of transportation!! http://www.yourpurposeyourchoice.blogspot.com

(=_-)

livz said...

oh god i understand this situation very well, thnk god i hardly get to travel by rickety crowdy and slow speed buses....
i cant help it...y these indians are producing so much-ulimately incrasing population,crowd in buses,metroes any wher u go. not jus in chennai,its the problem in every city in india. in delhi atleast the transport facilities have improved over the last few years..if u dont want 2 travel in crowded buses go for a metro train or an ac low floor bus..but the crowd wil be there too!!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...