Monday, August 15, 2011

Why British government left us in 1947?

            Today it’s August 15th 2011. Exactly 64 years back, on 14-15th of August 1947 midnight India attained freedom from the British rule by. British ruled India for around 190 years from 1757 till 1947. And to attain this freedom we gave millions of our lives. Every year we are celebrating our independence day with pride by remembering our freedom fighters, who devoted themselves for the country’s liberation. On this find day I would like to show some light s on, Reasons behind our Independence.



Last night, that’s 5 hours back I was dreaming our sacrifices, hence started writing this story. I don’t want to capture the entire details. I’m just listing the bullets that whatever I saw in my nightmare. Please correct me if anything wrong at my thoughts.

Nehru & Lord Mountbatten's wife Edwina




            I know it’s annoying but I’m not sure. From the sources, our first Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru was having Love affair with Lord Mountbatten’s wife Edwina Mountbatten. Lord Mountbatten was a governor general of the British government.

Nothing left to loot anymore



            During the British colonial rule, they looted almost entire wealth of India. By considering the length of this post, I’m mentioning only the Koh-i-Noor diamond. Excessive of anything become nothing. I was in completely clueless when I heard that, we discovered the wealth around 1000 billion from Padmanabha Temple Treasure two months back. How the British left this alone? But I strongly believe that British left us better with some basic infrastructure and education.


Winston Churchill & British Election



            India was granted independence by the British electorates. If Winston Churchill would have won the elections in 1945, then there would not have been any discussion of independence. (Un)Fortunately his Conservative party lost in the election and new British Labor government has accepted the withdrawal.


Hitler & World War -II



            During World War -II, Britain is in the situation to save their home. So they prepared to recognize the independence of India, with the condition that the Indians to cooperate with the British against the Japanese & German. Also the fact is after the war, it’s difficult for Britain to manage their home and outside together. In the same year 1945 World War -II comes to an end. It’s all about World War -II, Where the Hitler comes into picture? “Don’t be silly, Sweet!!!”

Subhas Chandra Bose & Indian National Army



            Subhas Chandra Bose famously known as “Netaji” has organized an Indian National Army and they fought against British soldiers. Prisoners from Japan also helped Indian Army and British government pushed into helpless during World War –II.  It has been reported that, Subhash Chandra Bose died in plane crash, while he collaborated with the Japanese and Hitler to fight the British. Otherwise who knows,  Subhas face would have been in our currencies.  Here my personal thought is, Instead of Ahimsa, I would have been happier if we could have reached our freedom by fighting the British in Subhas way.

Gandhi & Power of Ahimsa and Satyagraha



            Ahimsa means “Non Violence” and Satyagraha is literally means “Hold on the Truth”. Everyone knows about Gandhi. In India we all claim Gandhi as “Mahatma”. I’m sorry I can’t skip these jargons when I talk about Gandhi. Still in all the Indian currencies, you can see only Gandhi’s smiling face.  And this will show us the Gandhi’s contribution towards our freedom.  The key is the most effective campaigns, supported by Congress and led by Mahatma Gandhi based on the principle of passive action

            Yes, I know I can add plenty of more points. But I feel these are the major pieces. I will appreciate if you add your own opinions.

Millions laid down their lives so that our country breathes this day
Never forget their sacrifice.
Proud to be an Indian, Happy Independence Day



Disclaimer: I spent around 4 hours almost to prepare this story. It will be nice if you post your thoughts.

14 comments:

Kumar said...

I would have posted this in different plot if I would have red Jackie’s sandwich before.

Anonymous said...

wow its amazing..... nanthini from malaysia

Mister Promo said...

I find it really odd how I just finished watching The King's Speech and then to be blessed with the reading of this post.
However, I am not entirely knowledgeable of this topic, but I am expressed with the style of how this post was put together. So you definitely get 1 kudo for that. Great job!

Kumar said...

Jay Richards said,

The establishment will never leave a country. The structure may look like they are gone but they're still controlling everything.

Kumar said...

Michelle Pattison said,

it's an interesting piece, one I'm not very knowledgeable on. I hope you enjoy your day of celebrations! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say I know a little about the British also putting a strangle hold on the cotton trade too but like you feel we are trying to make amends. Slowly but....

you are doing really well. I'm shocking at English too and I'm British!! :-)

Kumar said...

behanjee said,

in my opinion, governance was handed over to the elite. That Bose what's his name or Gandhi had no role. They are false symbols

Anonymous said...

see if you can read this link. I hope it works & starts to explain about my comment on the cotton trade http://j.mp/p5a3Jt

Anonymous said...

Great article! Like some of the others, I don't know as much about this as I probably should, but your article was really interesting and well structured. Very informative. Thanks :)

Kumar said...

Kunjan said,

interesting.! Bt i dnt agree with u on certain points.British robbed us bt gave us law,order,science,knowledge,progress nd unity

Kumar said...

vivek chhabra said,

may be they got tired of ruling over we indians as we are so "dheet"............

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your independence day, certainly an interesting article.
From a British point of view I think you should be very proud of what you have achieved given the problems experienced in nearly all other countries of the old empire, such as Iraq, South Africa, Pakistan etc..
Obviously the youth of today in England dont really know much about the old empire and we are educated that its something to be proud of that our small nation used to rule most of the world. However I wouldn't like my country to be ruled by anyone else other than us so I can understand the problems it would have caused.
I'll leave you with one question though. Imagine India had never been colonised by anyone, would it be as successful as it is today? Plus you possibly wouldnt have criket :) @spdoxey

livz said...

hey i liked the effort you made in writing down something of this sort. Whatever u have mentioned in the blog are right and we indians try to hide these true facts!

Anonymous said...

they left because they wanted a life

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...