Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Interview someone or interviewed by someone. Which one you wish for?

                Today morning as soon as I get into my cubicle received a PM from my PM. I mean Private message from my Project Manager. “hoy, Meena is sick it seems, Can you interview those 3 candidates today?” Interview, one of the hates in my life. Well with the nice experiences I had, I hate interviewing JAVA peoples. Well I don’t think I won’t be asked to interview other than JAVA. Peoples who are new to the term JAVA, it’s yet another fucking language unlike English.

            Yes I’m not interested. But I’m I can’t tell my boss that directly. “Sorry. I’m not prepared” I fingered this but never clicked enter. I felt its idiotic reply ever. I was thinking a polite way to say NO.  He pinged me again “Sweet, I’m waiting for your YES”. Yes Boss is the Boss is the Boss, always.  I said “Yes” with the smiling smiley.

            Two girls and a guy with 1-3 years experience. Among 3 profiles one was impressive. Nithya from INFOSYS and other two are from WIPRO. I started with Nithya, her very first answer itself meant her false profile. Well I rejected all the three. I’m not proud but I’m not guilty also. I hate these interviews. I never claim myself as best techie or whatever. But I’m confident in my basics. I think I can make it if someone interview like me. (sense it’s stupid)

            I remember how I get into this IT industry. After completing my engineering, I was in unemployed for around 7 months. I remember I would have attended more than 50 companies.  My bad, I never cleared my first round single time in 7 months span of time. The main reason is still I’m astonished with Shakuntala Devi & RS Agarwal. Normally 1st round would be aptitude written test. After 7 months, the very First Company that I cleared my written test is one established Indian MNC which was ranked number 4 in revenue within India.

            That was a very pleasing experience. After 7 months, after around 50 failures, first time I’m qualified for technical round. Of course with my friend’s help. First time I got an opportunity to answer the question “Tell about yourself?”   I was asked the basics of C language and OOPS concepts.  As an electronics student I think I would have satisfied him.  I was promoted to final round which is HR.

            When I was byhearting my “Tell about yourself” again, I noticed my offer letter in her hands. WOW.  You won’t believe still now I can feel the gross itching effect. By knowing that I’m going to offered for sure, some horrible aspects of my HR interview.

HR:      What’s your long term goal?
Me:      My dream is I want to be a richest man in the world with my creativities
HR:      Ok say suppose you got two girls to marry. One is richest woman in the world with all the bad habits and the other is poorest woman in the world with all the good qualities. Which one you will choose?
Me:      whoever that my parents decide. (I haven’t spark any answer better than this)

HR:      what are your hobbies?
Me:      Music, Internet and Cricket
HR:      What about reading magazines?
Me:      well, not exactly
HR:      Nice, then why did you put the stuff in your resume (She showed me my hobbies part in my resume)

HR:      as per our policy you are not eligible for next 6 months to apply us again. Will you submit your resume after 6 months if you are not through this time? Or you ignore us?
Me:      No. I won’t submit.  Actually I can’t. I’m confident and I have nothing to lose.
HR:      Thanks and you are appointed. Welcome to %$#@#$%^&


Though I’m not with them now, I like to retire from my first company. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be a little more positive about what is asked of you. When you're positive, you get a better outcome. Just a suggestion, don't mean to upset/offend you. We all have to do things we don't want to. For example, in my job I have to interact with hardcore criminals. Do I like it? Not my favorite thing in the world, but I try to remain positive. Your boss will notice it & you'll be appreciated more.

Kendra said...

Kumar, I feel your pain. I understand how it is to deal with supervisors.They are just doing their job just as you are doing what you are told, which also entails making them happy. This is a good place to blow off steam but be careful that someone from your job does not see it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...